Tracking (Retargeting) Pixels
With the use of content curation and link retargeting, you can build your retargeting pixels faster. As a marketer, you may have heard of this cool thing that you can do called retargeting. It allows you to “pixel” your audience and serve them ads at a later time.
Retargeting ads are easier to manage than regular ads and don’t cost as much in terms of advertising spend.
To set up this process, you'll need a few thing:
- You need to have a piece of curated content (it is not necessary to use retargeting links with your own blog content, because you can already retarget people from within the website.)
- You need to have an advertising account that offers a website pixel - typically Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, and a few others.
- You should be running ads either now or in the future to this retargeting audience, that is the only value of adding this feature to your links.
- Click +Add Domain
- Log into your domain hosting account
- Navigate to DNS Settings page
- Delete all records associated with the domain’s root name (e.g. mydomainname.com), if there are any and add the following
Set up your pixels
- Go to Pixels in your dropdown menu.
- Add in your pixel
- Edit you promotion to include that pixel.